I know...All of you have been wondering how the training is going right? I know, my exercise habits are so interesting that you run to the blog every day to check it out...I am kidding. But some days I've got nothing better to write about.
Today I had a giant reminder...you see, when there is a problem and you think you have the perfect solution for the problem, when in reality you are just scratching the surface. Perhaps the perfect solution is going to be simply a band-aid on the complete bigger problem? Well today I had that reminder yet again. Long story longer...The orthodontist that did amazing things to my teeth will now be making all sorts of money on me again, through my beautiful daughter. You see I'm not terribly upset by this at all because I appreciate the money my mom spent on my teeth and that now I have a presentable smile, so I know that Brooke too will appreciate all of this.
On to the training. I've had to make some modifications to the original training plan...You see my knee did not appreciate the running 4 days per week...and I was informed by some fabulous people 'in the know' that I will be alright with running 3 days per week...the gym and swimming. so we will see. So far this week I've got 2 runs down, 2 gym visits accomplished and that menacing swim taken care of. Just one more run that I'm planning tonight (yes again in the wind because I don't know what it would be like to run when it's not windy) and then only 1 more gym visit...I love when I get most of my work done early in the week so when I'm tired I can actually sleep.
Last night I did my first track workout of the year. And the report...well the next time you think that running on a mud filled track by yourself at a high school, in the wind I'm advising you to think twice before actually going. Not only is it difficult to run the workout by yourself, timing and such but then to add all the other variables...it just isn't that great. Anyway, my times were not that fabulous 3:58 and 4:05, so that didn't make my day at all but when Lou pointed out that I was dodging kids and running in a yucky surface I guess it isn't that bad. Then the wind...I love the wind. Hopefully next week I can join the club instead of going it alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment