My official training for the Grand Valley 1/2 marathon starts Sunday...That sounds so crazy since I've been running and going to the gym...but I guess all of that was character training since it wasn't specifically aimed at a race or anything. During my run last night I devised a plan in my head of the workouts I need to get in each week in order to run a good race and I was kind of excited to tell Lou, because he is gonna have to push me out of bed...No more excuses that I'm cold and don't want to get to the pool. So for those of you that want to know here is my plan...
Sunday -- long run with the club
Monday -- pool in the morning or short run in the evening
Tuesday -- gym in the morning for cross training and strength and track workout with the club
Wednesday -- gym in the morning for cross training and strength and 3 mile run after work
Thursday -- pool if I ditched on Monday or short run in the evening if I ditched on Monday
Friday -- gym in the morning for cross training and strength
Saturday -- rest
I'm not super sure that I can accomplish all of this but I only have to last until May... And I'm still aiming for that sub 2 hour 1/2 marathon time...
And you know what...why wait until next Sunday...when I can start this past Sunday... I ran 5 miles Sunday...2.75 last night and made it to the gym this morning...It's that darn morning at the pool that will be the hard part. I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment