14 February 2012

Valentine's Day Box Drama

Brooke and I had a conversation Sunday night that went something like this...

Brooke: " Mom, I need to make a Valentine's day box, there is a competition at school this year."

Mom: "Can't you just use the same one that you used last year that is up in your closet?"

Brooke: "No mom, I had some other ideas, do you think you can help me?"

Mom: (with a worried feeling growing in my stomach) "What are your other ideas?"

Brooke: "Well I was thinking a hexbug."

Mom: (laughing) "I don't think so, I don't even know what a hexbug looks like."

Brooke: "Well I knew you would say that, so what do you think about a box in the shape of a heart?"

Mom: "That sounds much more feasible, maybe when dad gets home we can talk to him."

Brooke: "Well I want it to have a post and stuff too mom."

Mom: "Babe, your getting out of my comfort zone on creativity here...maybe draw a picture of what you want and we will see what we can do...I would really like it, if next time we had a few more days notice."

Brooke: "I know mom, but look, this is gonna be great..." running off to get her supplies to draw a picture..."then we can paint it pink and white...maybe some red...this is gonna be great."

Mom: Defeated knowing there is Valentines box making in the very near future...

So after a conversation with her dad and more prodding of me here is the progress of her Valentines box that she will be using for the next 42 years...

Ok so maybe her dad went a little overboard...

Maybe her mom and dad went a little over board with the painting...

I'm thinking either she has the best parents on the planet...or we are just crazy for our kids...

How many of you worked on your kids Valentines box?

No comments:

Post a Comment