I'm trying to be better about writing...Not too sure how to go about that with the time schedule I have...Or there are many days that I just don't have anything to say...How sad is that?
Anyway, I did the hike on Saturday...it was good...took my mom and sister...I think they were surprised by the effort it took...We went to Mt. Democrat, and on that same range there is 3/4 other peaks that you could have hiked. I probably was up for it, but my mom was not so we did Democrat and then left. I was a little disappointed but it was for the better I've since found out...I ran 8 miles on Sunday and was fine...Started out running pretty fast for me but it felt good, then after mile 4 I slowed down. My legs were tired and the hills were hard on my tired legs. At the end I had crazy knee pain so I stayed off it for awhile (2 ish days). I ran at track last night...and the times were pretty good (7:51, 7:56 and 8:02 miles) but the knee was still sore...looks like I'm off the exercise wagon for a few days. You have no idea what that does for my mood!
On to more positive things...I picked the kids up for school yesterday and had to take Brooke to dance. She is relatively in her routine so there is no big deal there...Tyler gets in the car after we drop her off to go run some errands and the boy is exhausted...He slept forever...I only vaguely remember when Brooke started school how tired she was. Anyway he could have been down for the night but Lou decided he needed to wake him up to eat, which just means that it took awhile for him to go back to sleep. He is doing so good at school...and it made me feel good, the teacher stopped Louis in the hall to tell him how good Tyler has been, what a great helper he is etc etc. I love it when teachers appreciate parents efforts. And I love when you have fabulous teachers who care about the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment