Since the last post I've been floundering (I guess would maybe be the right term) because of a nagging knee issue. I've had to 'rest' my knee by not running, originally for 2-3 days...So I did, it still hurt and I ended up resting my knee for an entire week missing an important 12 mile run along with several hill workouts and other various runs and workouts. I kept telling myself that I'm in good enough shape that it will be fine. So I changed the run schedule a little (made this weeks run a little longer) and said that if I could handle that then I would go full steam ahead with the 1/2 marathon. Otherwise I'll go into full support team mode. Well I'm still torn...I ran the 10 miles today, my knee was sore for the first 3ish miles. I picked up the pace and it felt better...At mile 9 I joined someone running and slowed down and could feel the pain again so I sped back up and it was a little better. I then decided to take it easy for the rest of the day, but I guess the bottom line is that I still don't know if I should run the race or just wait and let my knee heal. I don't want to be in pain for the whole time I'm running. Am I stressing myself out because I missed some important runs and therefore psyching myself out? Is 2 serious 1/2 marathons in 6 months more than my body can handle? Do I just feel too much pressure with the rest of my life to add this on also? I guess all I've decided is that I'll wait and see how I feel this week and then sign up...This coming weekend I'm running a 5k and then supposed to do 14 miles on Sunday...I guess if I can make it through that, I'll bite the bullet. I'm currently reading about Marshall Ulrich...this amazing ultra marathon runner and I sometimes figure that if he can run with all the pain and agony then why can't I keep running with simple knee issue? I guess I must just be a giant wimp.
In other news...Tyler is back to playing soccer and played very well in his first game yesterday...I love to see him involved in the game and making plays and actually knowing what he is supposed to be doing. Brooke danced in the Harvest festival parade as well yesterday...She did well for as far as she had to go, but it was an enlightening experience for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment