19 September 2011

Oktoberfest!

After having the second crazy weekend in a row I finally have walked away with some decisions made...I'm out on the upcoming race...which actually is ok...I don't have the stress of fitting runs in anymore or the guilt when I can't do what I'm should be doing.

For the busy weekend, it started off with the Oktoberfest 5K...the first year I've done the race. It was fun to do the shorter race especially after running 8-10 miles all the time it made 3 seem like a walk in the park...I went to the race with Lori and some girls from the club so we did a true warm up with dynamic stretching...I started to get my ipod all set so I could tell times and stuff...however it locked up. I tried to turn it off and then it wouldn't turn back on...so there we go...no music...no watch just run...instead of getting irritated I just ran, enjoyed being downtown and really had time to notice the hills...and the last hill was a long annoying hill...At that point I was thanking God for doing all those repeat hill workouts. The final turn, you run through the tents and tables that are set up for the VIP Oktoberfest people...not exactly the ideal situation for speeding up to finish strong...However, when I crossed the finish line the clock said 24:35. I was super excited with that, but then I started thinking I was seeing things. So then I spent much of the afternoon waiting for them to post results...The official results finally said 25:15 which I question...but I'm still happy with it. Louis ran Brooke to dance in Broomfield and then I ran Tyler to soccer...

After the exciting day I thought the run on Sunday would be great...no knee pain...feeling great etc etc...I was rather disappointed when at mile 5 my knee locked up, I tried to walk and it loosend up a little so I ran another mile...only to have it hurt immensly and had to walk the last two miles...After that expierence I have decided that I'm out for the 1/2. It's ok...heal the knee and look forward to a different race. That will be the best for me right now both mentally and physically...

I have to mention...Tyler has been so cute...with his overly obvious observations...I don't really have any specifics but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment