This week I've been without Brooke...she went on a vacation with her Grammie and Papa! And I could totally be the mom that says that it was nice to have a little time to myself, nice to give Tyler some extra attention, nice to not have activities to run to...And although all of that was true it finally hit us (by us I mean Lou, Tyler and myself) last night that we miss Brooke, her fun, silly sometimes bold and brash behavior. We missed her crazy ideas, we missed her keeping Tyler busy, we missed the silly stories, the cuddles and maybe just the 'business' of the house. We missed the good night book reading and tucking her in and yes, making her bed. We missed taking her to dance and work and her music. I missed her demands and maybe even her lectures on how I need to be a better mom...
So come home Brooke...Don't worry, I'll let you go again, just next time you must take your brother, because he sure is lonely without you!
It is amazing how you can be busy, like really busy but then you still realize you would have lost that much more sleep just to have the kids around...not sure how I'll handle college...good thing I still have some years before dealing with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment