Yet another busy weekend...I decided to overcome my fear of the unknown and run a 5k yesterday...First one since I've been training steadily...My last 5k was Thanksgiving, last year... I ran a 30:29 which honestly I was more than a little disappointed with at the time. Now looking back at my history, I cut off about 4 minutes from the previous 5K...so not bad...yesterday I ran a 26:51 which placed me 8th in females 30-39. I'm happy with that...to know that I can run 8:40 minute miles for that long does boost the confidence a little. If I remember correctly my best mile in junior high (lots of years ago) was a 7:53. I'm starting to think I may be able to do that with enough practice and track workouts. Maybe another 5K in August/September just to see where I'm at. And I'm not saying that an 8 minute mile 5K would get me first in my division but maybe 2nd. I would be ok with that...Baby steps...
Anyway, after my exciting 5K Lou and I took the kids swimming, for a bike ride and then I ran my remaining 5 miles for the day. All in all it was great...my muscles are currently fatigued and by butt is sore from sitting on a bike seat. I'm sure things will get better soon!
From here...I'm doing a mile repeat track workout on Tuesday. I have not done one of those since the fall...hopefully it doesn't kill me. Then off to the Tough Mudder challenge on Saturday (I'm still wondering what the heck I was thinking when I signed up for this one!) And 8 miles on Sunday...
From here with the kids...we are looking forward to getting structure back in the kids' day since school has been out. My thinking that track, soccer and dance would keep them busy enough has backfired a little. Instead the nightly activities have worn them out to the point where they are mostly crabby. I've since had to make a few changes and hopefully things smooth out for the next two months before school starts again!
No comments:
Post a Comment