So ... as I logged in this morning to post about the first day of school ... I realized I never posted this... I'll leave it just like it was ...
So here are some summer updates ... So far, life has been crazy! Tyler did a fantastic soccer camp, Brooke attended the Joffrey Ballet Intensive for 2 weeks and attended a Master Class from the American Ballet Theater. We finally have 2 weeks off before things start up again ...
Tyler, tried out for and made a competitive soccer team, he is excited to start and is trying to stay in running shape so he doesn't 'die' when practice starts up. He has decided that baseball was fun, but he is going to focus on soccer for the fall and then do both sports in the spring... Not really sure how I get myself into these situations, but the kids are only young once right?
Tyler's new soccer team ... I don't think he misses his old coaches at all!
Brooke has danced most of June away and is now enjoying a break. Below you will find one of her solo dances from last year ... It is a Bollywood style dance, which is a form of dance from India, she completely stepped outside of her comfort zone and had so much fun learning, practicing and laughing with the teacher and the song and everything. Brooke has been offered a position on a pre-professional ballet track without an audition, she has decided she will probably turn down the offer as she thinks a little jazz or hip hop every now and again would be nice. So the steps so far for next season are very up in the air!
This is Brooke's Bollywood solo at the last competition of the season...
One of Brooke's teachers from the Joffrey intensive ... I haven't seen her this happy in a long time
Also, in June the kids did the Tough as Nails Run, with some friends ... I'm super jealous as I wasn't able to run it because of some injuries I've been dealing with.
All clean before the race
Kinda dirty afterwards, but we are 'tough as nails'
The creek crossing... Probably their most unfavorite ... but talked about the most..
No comments:
Post a Comment