11 September 2012

Augustish updates

It is pretty much official! I suck at this blogging thing. Making time to write things down is crazy...I'm trying to find a new attitude about it. In the mean time...

The kids started school (great news for me!) and so far aside from a few bumps in the road we have done pretty well...Tyler is a little bummed because "We have to write everyday" and Brooke is having a little bit of an issue with having to push herself because her teacher's test isn't believing in her ability... These are rough issues to have... I'm sure somehow we will make it...


We have also gotten through the September birthdays...It was rough having so many back to back to back. I know Tyler was happy. However, I guess in my family if you aren't born in September you just aren't cool...And Brooke was sure to let me know. Tyler decided for his day with Grammie, they would go to Heritage Square with Papa too...Brooke sure was upset. I guess she now has more ideas for her day with Grammie.


Our weekends have been pretty much jam packed with activities, Brooke is dancing on Saturdays now until June. Tyler has started soccer. I was racing a bit in August but have since cut that back to try and make more time for the kids. Louis' stint in running has kinda declined since the Pomona Prowl. I guess when you PR with a 24.06 on your first 5K you really don't need to try so hard the next time. We will see this weekend how that works out for him. We are running the Farmers 5000 and the course in much flatter so I'm hoping to do pretty well...

Brooke danced in the Harvest festival parade last weekend. I think she did fabulous...She is too hard on herself saying she could have done better.
This is before the cool shirt change and before the butterflies started!
 
Brooke also got her first test in babysitting... with me there of course... she did fine until the drool came and she didn't know what to do... Perhaps she can start with kids just a little older...or maybe just wait until she is like 16...
 
 
As I mentioned Louis and I ran the Pomona Prowl...a local 5k race with the high school. This is a totally low key event...at the end they mention a time and then give you a post it note with what place you finished in. There was maybe 300 people in the race and Lou and I finished #47 and 48...My time (which I didn't believe until I confirmed with my watch) was a 24.02 which was a PR for me by a little over 30 seconds. Louis' first 5k race was a 24.06...Super proud of the guy, I will admit also a little jealous because I work really hard to be where I'm at...he only ran for like 2-3 months. Either way it was good!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment