About a month ago I was again talked into running a race that I didn't plan on. Heck, do I ever plan a race? Anyway, Georgetown to Idaho Springs, here I come again.And let me remind everyone that I didn't have that fabulous of a run the first time around. But now, as I sit here the day before the race, with a bit of a head cold and fatigue wearing on me because of this lifestyle I live, I'm wondering what the heck I was thinking? Don't get me wrong, I've trained for the race; the only run I cut short was the 14 miler...I only did 13.3 and on 800's I did make it up to 9 repeats before I started a taper. Either way, I am now letting my head get the best of me. It's gonna be hot and I don't feel that fabulous with the head cold and I'm tired. So I'm wondering why is it different? A few weeks ago when I did the 13.3 miles I had no anxiety before the run, and now since I paid an entry and will have a number and an official finish time I worry and fret like crazy? I begin to second guess myself and my hobby and everything? Is this even normal? Maybe part of it is that I have time to worry...When you don't taper you don't have worry right? There is no time when your busy concentrating on putting one step in front of the other because every muscle screams at you. Also, contributing to my worry is that Louis and the kids are coming this time. As if there aren't enough people at the end waiting anyone, the ones I care about the most will be there to either see me at my best or possibly my worst...I'll let you know!
No comments:
Post a Comment