Brooke ran her first 5k with me on July 4th. She hated every minute of the actual running. She was super excited before the race started. She was happy at the finish line but during the race I heard it all...we are going too fast, its hot, I'm tired, I hate this etc etc etc. I had read about other running moms having a hard time with their children running so I had thought about all types of positive things I could say to her but she wasn't having it... Mom, I'm never doing this again...My response was ok, that's fine, but lets just finish what we started...
And she did. Ever since her running at track has been so much better! I am still in shock at the improvement! Her time according to her (my running ) watch was 39.47...she wanted to be under 40. I kinda think the official times are off (especially since they say that I didn't run) that I'm ignoring them.
After the race we did the normal 4th of July routine for us which included a parade, pool party, block party...sleep
We also ventured to the Renaissance festival, much to my dismay. Amanda and Louis thought it would be fun. I think they need to re-evaluate their fun standards. Regardless, the kids liked it. They got their face painted, Brooke got her hair done and then we hit the rain. Lots and lots of rain. It is always an adventure to go to the festival and see all the crazy people dressing up, talking differently etc. I'm just not sold on the every year routine.
I have also been talked into trying my luck at the Georgetown to Idaho Springs 1/2 marathon. I'm not sure how I get into these things, but I'm training smarter for this race this time so I'm hoping that things go better. Much much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment