I read a blog every day...some days the author talks about running and such and some days not. Either way I love her posts, they are creative and fun and sarcastic and I wouldn't know how to start my day without it. I only hope that my posts are somewhat similar. At least when I go back a few months later and read them they are ok. Not sure it is something I need to read everyday.
Anyway, I'm about 10 days away from the Palisade half marathon. I feel like I have had a great training session until this last week. I have had some major soreness, a little bit of knee pain and super tired. And in my state of running ALL the time I'm not sure how to scale back. Yes, I know that I should be on a taper, but just like any runner I'm not sure how to do that. I feel guilty about not running and completing workouts. I ran my last long run on Sunday. Long run of 14 miles. I did the 'hill' twice and added in a few more miles around the neighborhood. My time was 2 hours and 12 minutes. The most fabulous things about that is that my last 1/2 marathon was 2 hours and 11 minutes which basically means I should be good. However, back to that taper situation. I'm wondering the purpose on going out only to run 4 miles. But on the other hand I need to learn to respect the distance. After just running 14 miles, completing a track workout, 4 miles should be easy right? Lets hope so...
A few weeks my long run was 5 miles and I figured it would be no big deal. And in the end, it really wasn't. However, during the run I felt like I was having a hard time. When I finished, I was running a much faster time, therefor the reason of the difficulty. So I hope I've learned how to respect the distance!
No comments:
Post a Comment