22 May 2012

Patience!

"...It's all about patience! When injured, we have no where to go , but forward and up! The journey is grueling, and sometimes not fair...but the wait is well worth the end result!" -- unknown

I read this quote today and no, I'm not injured but I thought how fabulous it would have been had I read this when I was injured. How many people I would complain to would not understand or tell me I was being too hard on myself etc...but if someone would have told me something like the above mentioned I might have had a different/better perspective.

But then maybe, just maybe we can take the above quote out of running text and say something to the effect that when we have no where to go but forward and up...the end result is well worth it in everyday life then perhaps our whole focus changes. Maybe then our jobs aren't so painful or taking care of the kids becomes a bit easier or whatever the case may be. I'm just throwing it out there that life doesn't always have to be painful and negative. Sometimes, if we just take a minute and realize that we are at rock bottom and life is only gonna get better then the positive side of us takes over.

After the whole knee / lower leg debacle I want to say that I healed the 'right' way (for me at least) and now my running is so much stronger. My track times are better, my long runs are easier, I appreciate the fact that I'm able to run at all. The races I've run are faster and I do feel stronger (although I'm not where I want to be yet I'm getting there.) So the patience was totally worth it, the low mileage that was completely different from what I thought, the swimming and biking and resting...all of it was worth the long, grueling, cruel journey.

In other news...My kids have exactly 7 days left of school, they are entering the next 7 days with mixed feelings of excitement for summer break and then sadness from being forced to move on to the next teacher / grade / challenge. You see both of my kids fall into what human naturally do, they become one with the situation and when forced to change (i.e have a new teacher) they are scared to death. We have entered school the last 4 years filled with tears, scared attitudes and very obvious fear. Usually all of these feelings are changed within the first week. Brooke has even gone so far this year to try and convince her teacher to move up to the next grade level. He, I'm sure, is flattered but has politely declined. Anyway, I've procrastinated long enough in getting the kids lined up with summer activities so yesterday I decided enough was enough. I would finally be a mom and get things set up. Hopefully they enjoy what I picked for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment