This is the view from our hotel room! I tell you, life doesn't get much better than this!
I'm excited to say that the kids loved all the aspects of Cancun, the shorter plane ride, the taxi to the hotel, the hotel, the beach, the seashells, the pool, slide and virgin pina colada's. I will say, I was so excited to go running on the beach...so off I go and I didn't remember how difficult it can be, running at an angle, in the sand with the water splashing you. Typically this isn't anything to worry about until your clothes start rubbing your skin differently because they are wet, and your back gets sore because one leg is longer than the other and then a rather large wave comes and stops your rhythm. While I do love running on the beach with no shoes and the sound of the ocean I do believe I can only do this type of running 2-3 times per year. And I will admit that one day I did resort to the treadmill only because it was one of the coolest treadmills EVER and because I couldn't handle the beach and sand that day (or maybe I didn't want to be subjected to seeing people wearing Speedo's that had no business wearing Speedo's). One more thing, running at sea level is fabulous...Who knew I could run that fast?
Tyler was nicknamed my little brown baby because he just turned brown...No burning that boy...Unlike Lou, who was red...like fire engine red!
Tyler loved building sand castles and bridges for the water! He would have spent day and night sitting in the sand and building things!
Brooke has more of an appreciation for the pool rather than the beach...too much sand gets in places where sand shouldn't be she says. And she is scared that something could come and get her from the water! She did LOVE the water slide at the pool!
There was a professional photographer taking pictures around the resort. I love this picture!
Of course Brooke has to show off her flexibility! If I was that flexible I guess I would too!
I know, you were all wondering if there would be a picture of the two of us actually standing next to each other! Notice neither of us took the time to do our hair?
There is a good possibility that this is my new favorite picture of my kids!
One thing I do have to say about Mexico is that although I love the place I'm gonna have to figure out how to stop loosing things there! It is starting to cost me a fortune in replacing items! And another thing...the airport being far more organized then the last time I was there 8 years ago...still has a long ways to go as far as line waiting goes...But delayed plane and all we still made it home!
I hope your new year has started off as great as mine!



No comments:
Post a Comment