Anyway, my children continue on the tradition of trick-or-treating...again we aren't sure why except that is what you are supposed to do on Halloween night...And still 20 years later little girls still freeze in Colorado...Nothing has changed on that avenue! However, my confusion comes with my Brooke...she kinda wimped out on us...about 45 minuets into the trick or treating and Tyler is really getting excited as he finally has remembered to say BOTH 'trick or treat' and 'thank you' Brooke tells us that she is cold and doesn't think she wants to go any further. I'm sorry, what? What child hates this tradition? And Lou and I are thinking how great this night is, not too cold, we don't have to go to the door, we can talk to a few neighbors if we want etc etc etc... We convince her to just go to the end of the street and then we will turn and start heading home. But then she just started walking slower and slower and we kept telling Tyler to slow down and wait for his sister. Finally though, when I told her she was going to have to skip a few houses for going too slow did she pick up the pace. I think next year Tyler and I will go out all alone and travel 12 blocks until the boy is worn completely out...
Anyway...here are some pictures of the costumes!
Obviously, Tyler is super excited for his night!
And Brooke seems excited here!
But the more impressive part here, Brooke carved that pumpkin completely by herself...That is also another fabulous thing about the kids getting older!
No comments:
Post a Comment