As of recently I have had an abundance of time to spend with my kids...and I do have to say I'm beginning to understand why stay at home moms are stay at home moms. Don't get me wrong I love my job, and the independence away from the kids and talking to adults...but when I hang out with the kids I am laughing all the time..I'm not sure if it is because they are so goofy...or masters of the obvious, or whatever...
Tyler recently told me that I was only allowed to kiss him until he is 10, then that is all...Which I just laughed because if I really am still able to kiss him when he is 10 I'll be amazed but then he revised his statement and told me 12 was the new number... I might make him sign a contract!
Brooke, while telling me about her 'boyfriends' recently told me that Usher, yes the singer, was my boyfriend...This intrigued my interest on what her definition of a boyfriend actually was...she said it was a boy that was nice to her and she liked playing with. I asked if any of these boys had any idea that she thought this and she quickly replied "no, I wouldn't dream of telling them that!" I'm not sure why she thought Usher was boyfriend, clearly she doesn't have my 'type' down.
So, because Christmas is coming and because I feel obligated to get the kids pictures taken once a year...although I'm not sure why because it is pure torture for me every single year...I had their pictures taken and the photographer did a fabulous job of capturing their full spirit as of recently.
And while I'm not bragging...I do think my kids are pretty darn cute! Ok I am bragging, just a little.
Don't worry, though, I do love my time away from the kids so I'm thinking the chances of me quitting my job any time soon are slim to non...
My running as of recently has been kind of halted. Not really, I'm still running 3 days a week, I just wonder some days if I'm making any progress...After running a long 16 laps on the track I was given permission to convert slowly to the road...so I did the 3 miles on the track 1 on the road and things were great...I tried to go to the 2 and 2 and had to cut the run short so I tried again 2 and 2 and the run went great...I averaged an 8:52 mile so I was happy about that. One more time with the 2 and 2 and then I'll try for the 3 on the road and 1 track before I do 4 miles on the road...However, I'm still only allowed to run 3 times a week and will very slowly build my mileage back up...When I say slowly, I mean like no 1/2 marathon until May...This process is painful but I know it is the right thing to do, and I don't want to go back where I was...so I'm listening!



No comments:
Post a Comment