You know, there was a time on this very blog that all I did was talk about my kids...and I will eventually get back to having nothing to talk about except my kids...but for now...I'll continue on my running stories, issues etc...
After getting clearance to try and work off of running on the track I decided I would run my 2.75 miles this way... .9 mile to the track, 3 laps and then .9 miles home...which I think works out to 2.8 but I promise I stopped at 2.75 and walked the rest of the way home. I felt great (aside from the small problem of getting trampled by the local high school football team and getting run over by a truck on the track...yes you read that right) It was fabulous to be out just running and not in circles...to see the scenery (that I have seen a thousand times before) and look forward to the hills and my next turn etc etc...However, when I woke up to go to the gym Tuesday morning there was a small pain in the same freaking spot! I was severly disappointed, but went to the gym and rode the bike. I did ditch the swim last week on account of the freezing whether and not wanting to be in it while wet...Because of the snow on Wednesday I choose not to run and after talking with the coach and the doctor decided I would go back to the last workout that didn't hurt, which was 9 laps around the track, as the surface really is a lot better and more forgiving for such situations. Well Saturday came around and I went out there...thank goodness for no football team practicing at 7 in the morning. Anyway, I was feeling good so I did 10 laps. Again my knee felt great and even with the swim this morning there is not any pain. So now the big debate...do I try to run there again, run the track and run home? Or do I step it up to the 12 laps? Seriously, 12 laps? 3 miles sounds so much better! I suppose I should just go run the 12 laps...After all I am going to have to take my kids trick or treating tonight and why make them wait? Then I won't have to worry if the pain will come back.
I have been trying for a long time now, to keep the frustration away thinking I just needed a break but slowly it starting to come back...since I haven't been able to go run with the club and my runs are limited to the track I can see where people get bored. However, I am thankful that I can at least do that instead of just sit home. I will say I am getting more things accomplished at home. Laundry is actually getting folded and dinner is getting made...Interesting how that works out.
No comments:
Post a Comment