21 October 2011

A letter

Dear Left Knee...

I want to take this time to apologize to you...for many things really...Lets start with apologizing for all the overuse, all the time really but I know the month of August was rough. Next time I want to go hiking every weekend, then running 10-12 miles, then speed workout, the hill repeats up Ward hill, then the Georgetown 1/2 marathon all the while continuing my gym attendance of 3 days a week etc etc I will try to spread it out to allow proper time for you to heal. Next, I want to apologize for continuing to try and run after you had informed me of such issues. If I would have slowed down right away I might have been able to rehab much quicker...But I do want to thank you for allowing me to run the Oktoberfest 5K as it currently is my PR time to beat...Finally I want to apologize to you for being so frustrated when I finally found out the real issues, I apologize for my frustration of not being able to run and only blaming you as the culprit...You see, you have taught me a lot about running and exercising in this little stint. First, I learned that while I was busy blaming you for not being able to run, when in reality my whole body needed a break...body, mind and spirit. I might have been a little bit burned out on running but I also thought I was using that as my life line. Do you know how much better of a mood I'm in after a long run...whether the run was hard or not my mood is always lifted when I'm done. I thought running was the only thing that could do this. Well...I biked and I learned to swim...and my not being able to run has actually opened a whole new avenue for me. There are other workouts that can improve my mood. Swimming isn't bad...and I have actually improved and enjoyed the improvement. Funny when you practice something how much better you get! Still not in love with the biking. So, left knee, I want to thank you for opening all these avenues...for helping me see that running isn't everything. I'm sorry I ever doubted you! I know it took me a while to see your side of the story and become flexible to your line of thinking but I'm glad I did!

Love,

Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment