19 November 2015

Fall Updates

Look, here I am ... Almost December and almost time for my annual Christmas letter deciding that it is time for an update... I'm not sure that makes much sense to anyone, but oh well.

One of my best running buddies ... who got me into the whole running challenge in the first place. At the start of the Hot Chocolate 5K!


Update, the running challenge is happening. Our team met our goal of 2015 miles in September I believe, but my 700 miles is still not met yet. As of this morning I have 84 miles before I meet that goal, or an average of 17 miles per week for the rest of the year. I think I can, I think I can. Who am I kidding? This has been so much harder than I thought it was going to be. There are so many days when my motivation is so low that I end up walking. At least it is something, but goodness. And there have been days when my quad hurts or my foot hurts, or my brain is tired or it is cold or whatever. I haven't come up with this many excuses since I started running 8 years ago. At the end of the day I know this is helping me, if nothing else than just my brain power. I also joined a friend to do this burpee challenge. 100 Burpees (or in my case 50) every day for 100 days. I think I have about 35 days left. And although burpees are getting easier I have decided I don't love them, I haven't learned to even like them at all. So I guess maybe in some way I'm getting stronger but its like an ugly black cloud every day, like I finish the 50 and then 20 minutes later I remember I'm going to have to do it again tomorrow...

Lou and I did the Tough Mudder again in September with some friends ... I was just coming off an injury, not trained well for the hills at all and some of the new obstacles were tough for me mentally. I fell on the Monkey Bars this year, like close to the beginning so that messed me up. There was a new one with like 'gas' type substance that was rough also. I didn't admit it during the race, but my hip injury hurt most of the race... As a team we were probably a bit slower than last year but they changed the course so we aren't really comparing apples to apples. And all of us had some type of injury. At the end its all good, we finished, we made some great memories and took some fun pictures.

The Carey's and Lou and I with all our mud and headbands.
 
After we had showered ... my new favorite picture of us.
 

Work as smoothed out a little, or maybe I'm just used to busy (however, I'm taking time to write this blog right now). Mostly work is positive, but there are days when I just want to crawl into a dungeon and hide because there is just so many things that can go wrong. Lou's job has been incredibly busy as well. He comes home every night (some days later than others but never before 7) just saying how busy it is and how difficult it is to keep things straight. Having been through it a year ago I understand completely. They will figure it out but I'm sure there will be some tempers flare along the way.

Tyler played baseball during the fall and enjoyed it immensely. So much that he was able to convince me to let him play both soccer and baseball in the spring again. I guess keeping him active his good. Less time for him to figure out trouble...

Tyler's baseball team

At Batting Practice


Brooke has just been dancing... She started middle school and after she had all the teachers on her side she was good to go... No need for mom anymore (except on that 5 min walk after her and her friends part ways). Brooke did also run the Hot Chocolate 5K with her friend and had a great time! She even had me sign her up for next year.

Brooke and Ciara after the Hot Chocolate Race enjoying their snacks!

Fun at dance ... funny how they all think alike, wearing black and pink!

Maybe she still likes me ;)

Brooke and Tyler after the mini mudder!

No comments:

Post a Comment