22 January 2015

Running Streak Thoughts ... Cancun trip

Well ... I finally have about 3 extra minutes in my life ... So here are my running streak thoughts ... I ran at least one mile every day from Thanksgiving to New Years Day ... I did this same streak last year and it seemed so much harder ... When I looked at the mileage differences I was running longer mileage last year but I had so much less time ... There was more than once that I was out running my mile in my jeans at 11:30 at night because that was the only time I could fit it in. This year I was also still cross training at the gym 3 days per week and working a whole lot more so mentally I was drained. I did race on New Year's Day on a pretty cold day and snow covered paths. There was no PR or even top 10 finish but it was good to get out and race ... I haven't raced in a long time. It was really great that the Running Club had a great turnout also. I love running races with a bunch of friends. Overall, the streak is good for me. It keeps me honest during the holidays and although I'm not sure I get any stronger I am not loosing ground either.


A friend has suggested that we do this other challenge ... Run 2015 miles in 2015 ... Lucky for me we can split this into teams and the team has to run that many miles. So far my January mileage isn't great so I need to figure out a plan to get me going. Last year I logged about 500 miles, however that didn't include any track workouts or hill repeats and God knows I probably did plenty of miles then. I'm trying to find a race to train for again but it seems like every one that looks good there is a conflict. I'll figure it out though... Don't worry team, I'll do my part, I promise.


At the beginning of January we went to Cancun for the week. The best thing about the trip ... the lack of a schedule. Recently my life has been scheduled down to the minute, from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. I'm not really loving it but I love that I can be so involved with my kids and work and that people like me enough to want to hang out with me. The trip's start was a little rocky when they told me they at security in Denver that they need to search Tyler (I guess he is a sketchy looking kid) and then when we landed in Cancun we sat on the runway for about 45 min waiting for a gate to open up. And then Sunday (the first full day there) I lost my sunglasses ... After that we were smooth sailing. My Birthday Present was a new pair of sunglasses ... not exactly what I had in mind, but I guess my expectations were pretty low for a birthday present anyway. I need to learn to stop loosing stuff in Cancun though ... Overall we spent a ton of time at the pool, on the beach letting the kids build in the sand and swim. Happy hour (and only 1 hour) was great and the relaxation was exactly what all of us needed. The wind along the beach was extreme while we were there so I elected to run on the treadmill instead, which was not pleasant but it was nice to run at sea level and not know my pace (their treadmills are km/hour). It was nice to come home with a nice tan and it only took a week to be exhausted again... Sometimes vacations like that are exactly what was needed...
The view on the street side of our condo ...

The ocean / pool view ... Love Love Love waking up to this ... Maybe I should consider moving to the beach...
The kids master piece ... a giant pyramid ...

With decorations of course...

Love kids photo bombing our selfie ;)

I was trying to catch a picture of my kids holding hands walking down the beach but I missed it ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment