28 September 2014

Summer Updates

So since my last blog post we have had an incredibly busy but fun summer. Since the Bolder Boulder we have road tripped to Wisconsin for dance, raced the Slacker Relay race, 4th of July Parties, met some of the Rockies players, got an Arctic Cat dealership, kids started school, started coaching soccer and Girls on the Run again and I'm sure so much more that we have forgotten. Thank goodness we have pictures.

Our Wisconsin Dells Road trip with dance was so much fun, for Brooke and for us. My mom joined our trip. We tried to see an amazing amount of things, but there are only so many hours in a day. Brooke danced great. She got a National Platinum award for her first solo ever. She was also in a dance that got a prop award (although I'm not encouraging that nonsense) and she was in another dance that was top 10. She was able to hang out with her dance friends and overcome some water park fears. But also be a little more independent. That has been good. On our way home we stopped through South Dakota and went to Bear Country USA and Mount Rushmore. The kids loved both places and Lou and I decided that we will have to go back when we have a little more time on our hands.
This is what the bear thinks of the mountain lion.

We didn't have time to do the hike, next time...


Brooke and her friends...

Bombs on the Dance Floor

Brooke's friend McKenzie -- Brooke is her 'mini me'

Brooke's last time in her solo costume.
 
After the road trip, I ran the Slacker Relay with some friends from the running club. I loved the no pressure attitude and just go run to have fun. We then enjoyed the beer at the end.
Laura and Wendy are so fun!

Funny, I forgot that I even still had this on my phone. Nice 11 min mile in a race...
 
And we can't forget about our Annual 4th of July Party!
 


 
Tyler's highlight of the summer! We had the opportunity to go to a Rockies game and meet some of the players. You know Brooke really only likes one guy, but Tyler knew them all... Everyone's name, their position, why they were on the DL etc.... I love that he has a passion.
 
One of Tyler's favorite, Tyler Chatwood



Brooke's favorite guy, Nolan Arenado

Charlie Blackmon... that guy is tall!
 
At work, we have been a bit on the busy side! We took on the only Arctic Cat Dealership in Denver. Our first shipment was delivered on August 21st
 
School has started. I have a 6th grader and 3rd grader. Not really sure how that happened.
 




Brooke doesn't like having her picture next to Tyler because he is as tall as her. Hence the reason she is wearing Giant shoes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment