As the Christmas season has officially started, I'm trying to remind myself that I don't have to stress about silly things. I'm trying to patiently take each new batch of information and roll with it instead of become a stress filled 'mean lady.' As being the last day of November I would like to report that so far I'm doing alright...My house is 95% finished in the decorating department, my Christmas shopping is 87% finished (really I just picked some random number, I'm not that OCD) my Christmas cards (yes I still do those) will hopefully be in the mail on time...My kids 'yearly' picture torture is finished. Really all I have left is to enjoy the holidays right? That is what I was telling myself, until I was reminded that there is still weekends filled with .... Christmas parties, dance recitals, progressive dinners, visits with Santa, Holiday 5k's (we all do that right?) and the like. How many weekends are there in December again? This was supposed to be a time of the year when we stop to appreciate what we have and spend time with people that we like to surround ourselves with... It's ok...It will all work out and I'm choosing to make the best of all of it.
So this weekend we will finish the decorating, we will do the Holiday Party / fundraiser for the running club, I will get my Christmas Cards ordered (I hope), along with all the normal grocery shopping, laundry, hair appointments, dance, running dates and spending time with my kids. Maybe, just maybe I'm trying too hard and being an over achiever? Or maybe I'm just trying to make sure everyone is happy...
My running days...you see since it is dark early these days I haven't been running as often, but when I do run I have been going longer distances...I'm not sure if that is good or not... I guess when the Christmas Carol 5K hits we will find out. I ran a local 5K the week before Thanksgiving, it was a local deal with not very many runners but in the placing department I finished well...3rd female overall and 6th out of everyone. That was exciting. My time was like a 24.45, which isn't that great but it was a tough course so I'm not too disappointed...
No comments:
Post a Comment