Of course at the beginning of the school year I'm excited to have the kids back in school, under instruction and under control again, so when I got hit with the raise in tuition I calmly told myself it was worth it. After all Tyler will get that much more out of school. So the school year goes on and they have more fundraisers, which of course I donate to, sell for etc. Thinking that if I do this it will save me money in the end. Now I get a letter home that says the school won't be providing snack for my kid anymore, they can't afford it. However, by law the kids have to have snack so now it is up to the parents to provide snack. At first I was fine with it, that way I can control what Tyler is having, make sure he is getting something he likes and is somewhat nutritious etc etc. But now that my brain has taken over I'm wondering what the extra money every month that I spend is going towards, where exactly is the fundraising money going and how come they can't afford snack anymore. After all, in the five years that I've had kids going to this school I've not only paid less than I am now but I provided a lot less support as well. All of conclusions are coming back to the director. Who, I'm sure, as a person is a fine person. However, as a preschool director she is not fine. The school is at capacity, and yes I know there are kids that are going tuition free because of one situation or another but still there are plenty of kids paying. And I know they are getting education funds from both the state and the county, and although that may have dropped it is not gone. So where is exactly is this money going? And guess what, since this is a preschool they are not required to disclose this information...
So now that frustration has taken over it is leading me to resistance. I don't want to send snack, whether is be just for my kid or for the whole class...I don't want that responsibility put on me because that is the schools job. Again what is my tuition going for. And also this will show the parents that donate nothing at all...they don't have to because they are on assistance. Nothing like having it thrown in my face that I have to help out those that refuse to get a job. I don't want to have to pick a snack off of their list because it follows nutrition guidelines and takes into account allergies in the classroom. I don't want to provide stuff for the pain in the neck kids that have made me even prouder and thankful for my well behaved kids. I don't want to pay the extra tuition and I certainly don't want to participate in another fundraiser.
Guess what is going to happen in the end? I'm going to cave, because that is who I am. I don't want to watch my kids go without, I don't want to be the stubborn one who causes problems. And I don't want Tyler known around school because he has a crazy mom. I just don't agree with the whole situation...Can you say count down until I'm done with this school? It is a good thing that the teachers are excellent, that Tyler is learning amazing amounts and that there is only 5 months left of this school year and 4 more tuition payments...And, just know, there won't be anymore agreeing to and selling for their fundraisers.
So for now I'll take a deep breath. I'll ignore their letter until it is thrown in my face that it is my turn to donate a snack. And I'll grudgingly pick one off of their list so that I don't get yelled at, or worse send a kid to the emergency room. And maybe in May when I won't have to deal with the school again, I'll find the most unhealthy deep fried sugar loaded snack I can find and send an abundance of it. Just as my way of saying thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment