So, last year I had the perfect solution! I would simply put my Christmas letter on facebook and not have the hassle of putting it into Christmas cards...Not give it to anyone that didn't care and be able to save a tree or two. So facebook, in their wisdom of changing stuff everyday has made it so I can't find my notes section, much less write in it...Good thing I have a blog, right?
Here goes...2010 has been good to us. We started the year off with a vacation to Palm Springs. The kids enjoyed it immensely...and I loved the short plane ride! We visited Los Angeles, almost getting run over in their crazy traffic, saw some of the desert, stayed close to the pool...It was a great vacation! Louis and I went to Vegas with some friends and we took a long weekend in Glenwood Springs with the kids. Those were nice trips as well and it was great to get out of town. Ever since I'm not sure if there has been a dull moment yet at my house!
Tyler turned 4 this year...We have taken up soccer. I'm not sure he is in love with it yet, but we are making progress...The spring season he cried and would run away from the ball. In the fall he actually started scoring goals, kicking the ball, being a LITTLE bit aggressive...I was amazed at the difference a few months make. He is in his 2nd and final year of preschool. I can't believe the difference in that department either. I think overnight we went from not know anything to all kinds of new revelations. We are all eagerly awaiting Kindergarten and having both kids at the same school! Tyler still loves his tractors...we went to visit Great Grandma and Great Grandpa in May on the farm. I think Tyler could have sat on the tractor all day. Grandpa and him rode it around for hours. We have also continued with the private swim lessons. Tyler did make progress there as well...although not as much as I had hoped for. One day I'll have kids that know how to swim!
Brooke is still dancing. She would pick this hobby over anything I think. She loves to preform, be on stage and just dance. She has made lots of progress and keeps hounding me to start hip hop dance. I'm not too sure if mom is ready for that yet. Brooke also took up soccer this spring. At first she hated it...She is the smallest girl on the team and had a rather large learning curve! However, by the end of the season she loved the sport...she learned that there is a time and a place to be aggressive and to take the ball away from the other team and sometimes you have to make your own decisions. She turned out to be a great goalie, which is surprising because of her size! Over the summer Brooke participated in many camps, ones that she liked the most were at the Downtown Aquarium and one in South Boulder where she went rock climbing and hiking etc. She has asked to go to that again for more weeks. She also did swim lessons...yes we are still working on that situation. Like I said...one day! Brooke is in second grade this year and doing very well...Mom had to learn that Brooke knows how to work system and just do enough to get what she wants...We are still working on that situation.
Louis has been doing well. Again he is working a lot (which means the business is doing well right?), taking on more and more responsibilities at work. I love his work ethic but sometimes it interfers with our social calander. Recently he has mentioned that he feels like he might be missing out. However, when he does spend time with the family he devotes all of his attention to us. We love that part of it. I can't say he has a ton of hobbies...We did try the indoor skydiving adventure earlier this year. Louis did far better than I did. I guess he is a natural! He even said he would love to go again! Louis has been super supportive of some of my adventures this year...which is incredibly great for my mental status! He has taken on the task of cutting down some of our rather large pine trees in our backyard. That is still a work in progress I think he secretly loves demolition!
As for me, I turned 30...I'm not going lie I had some crazy ideas...going skydiving, traveling etc etc...At first I thought I would venture out of my comfort zone at least once a month...So I started off the year well trying sushi, indoor skydiving, going to Vegas. After awhile I decided that maybe I needed to not spend all my time worrying about not being in my comfort zone and just enjoy being 30. I did hike my first 14er which was amazing! I also joined a running club in August. I've got nothing but amazing results out of that! I ran the Rock-n-Roll marathon as a relay...my part was 8 miles and I averaged a little under 10 min miles. This year I'm looking forward to another 1/2 marathon...I think I have the confidence back after the whole foot debacle the last time. I also have a little group that has been forcing me to make it to the gym quite regularly. Although some mornings I wish they forgot the way to my house I've managed to get there and do the workout. Got to love peer pressure! I've enjoyed watching my kids grow, learn, mature and I've marveled at how quickly the time goes! I'm still working at Four To Go with my dad and brother. We have done well as a business, which is great and keeping me busy. I've had some great ideas I would love to implement but haven't yet had the time or the energy to deal with that. When the time is right everything will fall into place. I've also contiplated going back to school to get my masters degree. Not sure if I have the time for that and sometimes taking tests and writing papers sounds rather difficult. I have till April 1st to apply so we will see how that one goes!
We are looking forward to the upcoming challenges, journeys and excitement that the new year has in store for us! And we look forward to hearing from everyone!
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment