So, I thought I had seen it all when it comes to Brooke getting different...illnesses, we will call it. We've been through all the standard ear infections and strep throat, the flu, even pnemonia...But this one, it was just plain wierd...She is playing outside with Tyler, while we hold an adult conversation with the neighbors. Next thing I know, Brooke is calling for help...Turns out, she threw up, in the bathroom...everything is good. However, I noticed her ear is bright red, a little swollen and she says painful...Should I be concerned yet? I feed her dinner (which she eats fine) put the kids to bed thinking everything would be fine in the morning, maybe she just bonked into something (she is only 7 you know).
Next morning rolls around and now there are blisters on top of the bright red, but she says it doesn't hurt anymore. So if I take her to the doctor, for something she is saying doesn't hurt, are they going to make the situation that much worse? I think I'll just keep her and watch how things progress...Well...apparantly the blisters did their job...the skin peels away, the swelling is almost gone and now the ear is just red...with no pain...
All in all I'm happy to report that Brooke is good to go...
These are things, that when you are thinking of having kids...no one ever tells you!
No comments:
Post a Comment