21 May 2014

Our busy spring

How many times have I told myself that I would be better about blogging and keeping this 'journal' so that I could remember more things? Far too many, so lets just say I won't be better, I will try to blog and I will do it as often as I can.

Now for all of those moments in my crazy life that I have said I should write a blog post about that and of course now that I have a few minutes I can't remember what they were... So I'll go with what our life has been lately ... Lou has been coaching Tyler's soccer team and every one (except me) knows that when Lou signs up for something he sign both of us up... So that has been a little difficult to fit in. But in the end the team played great. There are a great group of kids and parents on the team which also made the season fun.

 
I also, in the same 'season' helped coach a "Girls on The Run" team. I did this, not with any of my own kids on the team, but to see what the program was all about. The program is fantastic, they have a very specific curriculum and it is very easy to follow. Some of the girls were a bit challenging to get to know but in the end it was a very good experience. I do, however, need to figure out how to manage my time a little better.
 
 
Tyler made his first communion. That was a little bit difficult figuring out how to get him to the church every week for his lessons but in the end we are glad we had it all done.
 
 

 
 
And Brooke and Tyler had a piano recital. I love the piano recitals. It brings back music that I learned or still have to learn. I love listening to the kids play and I love the see the growth out of everyone.

 
And finally, Brooke had a dance competition... She had to struggle a little with this one as she had sprained her ankle in rehearsals the week before the competition. However, I told her to go and have fun, that is why we are here. And she did ... And she got first place and her first platinum score for her solo. I couldn't be more proud of her and all of her hard work.
 

 

 
So now, that church, soccer and Girls on the Run is over I can actually have a little time for me. It is somewhat amazing and I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment