I want everyone to know that I have stopped licking my wounds from my sad performance at Palisade. Ok, well I stopped licking them before I even did the write up about how bad it was, but I've picked myself up and got a new plan. We will see how this works because I'm a little nervous...I did a 10 mile run in Avon / Vail area and it was hard but so good...really worked at giving me my confidence back. I had a great 8 mile run followed by the 13 miler. The 13 was hard because it was hot and I never put out enough aide stations but I still finished in good time. My legs recovered well enough sooo...the new plan....
I'm going to race a 5K on Sunday, I've run this race the last two years and been able to improve every year so I'm excited to see what happens. Then Saturday I'm signed up for the Slacker 1/2. This is a fast course but it is at altitude so we will see. I ran part of this course last year and it tore my legs up but it is a fun course and the after party is good and I got a free entry from a friend so it worked out. I'm hoping to be a little under 2 hours. If that happens I will just race short races for the rest of the year. If not, there really isn't a plan C so I will still race short races the rest of the year.
To prepare myself for the heat I did a 3 mile run in over 95 degree weather and then a track workout in the wind and over 95 degree weather. Both times it felt like I was running in mud. My time for the 3 miles was respectable and I didn't want to see disappointment so I didn't bother to time myself...telling myself that it was good enough that I was out there trying.
Well those previous paragraphs were written when I still had time on my hands...I didn't have time to update so here you go...I ran the Father's Day 5k finishing 2nd in my division for the 3rd year in a row but again improved the time so that is good. The Slacker was a tough race, that running downhill is rough, but oh so beautiful and fun. I really enjoyed the race, the friends, everything. My time a 1.53:55...Yes currently my PR. So I'm happy with that. I have had a total carefree attitude when it comes to running now...If I don't want to run 10 miles I don't (but many times I still do). Every week since I have gone to track telling myself I will only do part of the workout, every week I finish the whole thing. Maybe all I needed in the first place was a new attitude, not an end goal.
Our summer...In June we were to packed full between track for Tyler, me training and Brooke dancing. We went to Vegas for a week for dance. The kids had an enlightening experience, but they made so many fabulous memories. And Brooke danced well. I'm so proud of her...she has an amazing amount of confidence to get up on stage in front of judges and thousands of people and she dances her heart out. I know I couldn't/wouldn't do it. After we landed from that trip we were informed that my Grandma passed away, which is a very sad situation but I'm choosing to be positive. We were home for 2 days and left again to go to Iowa. The trip was fantastic for my kids and if I'm being honest then I would admit that it was a great trip for me too. Since coming back it seems like all four of us have been just trying to figure out how to live day to day and go back to our crazy days.
No comments:
Post a Comment