As I was sitting in the dentist chair yesterday for the first time in probably 5 years I was busy stressing out about 32 other things I need to be doing. They took my blood pressure; "text book, perfect," they said. This is unusually high for me and do you know what message that sent to me? You let it all get to you! You allowed all of it (the negative happenings in life) finally break you down. I have always, always prided myself in letting things just be, however it was meant to be will always work itself out, there is no reason to stress about it. And here I did just that. I don't have an answer why I allowed it, and now that I have I'm struggling on how to let it all go.
After two weeks of negative after negative filtering in my life, I'm trying really really hard to learn my lesson but in the end I just end up in tears. I think I have cried more in the past two weeks than I have cried in the past year. I would rather not rehash everything because I'm trying really hard to remember only positives.
I'm going to look at the 'blood pressure, light bulb moment' to be the moment as I remember everything getting better and I'm going to list every positive thing that happened in the last two weeks... Here goes ...
-- All 4 of us had great check ups at the dentist (except for 1 minor issue that was already taken care of)
-- I was able (forced) to rest/mend my tired/achy muscles.
-- I had some extra time to play board games with my kids
-- I have had the opportunity to read a book about appreciating what I have in the present
--I have been reminded that I am surrounded by great friends and supportive family
-- I got my taxes all done and ready to mail in
I know, not a very long list but its a start. And the start is always the hardest part.
So I'm going to choose to focus on the positives for now...And try to get my life back to normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment