08 February 2013

Brooke's first dance competition

Brooke had her first dance competition this last weekend. And remembering that I'm her mom so it is easy for her to let me see her true colors, she almost didn't live to make it to her first number. I did try and put myself in her position with her nerves and fear of the unknown, I did try to understand that for a 9 year old this is a lot to handle. But you can see my battle here...


Notice how cute all the girls look? All innocent and beautiful...


Now I encourage you to look at Brooke's fabulous reaction when she noticed I was taking pictures. If looks could kill, I wouldn't be here right now.

But see how beautiful she is? Who wouldn't want to take pictures of this?
 
Out of all the dances this one was Brooke's least favorite, however all the girls did amazing and ended up getting an 'intesity' award out of this. It is safe to say that Brooke has rethought her favorite dances. After dancing on Saturday we went to dinner with some of the teachers and other students and their families... Yes, this guy teaches my kid to dance. Mom of the year material right here ;). It's a good thing Brooke thinks this guy is amazing.
 
 
Finally after an early morning (leaving the house when it was still dark) a long drive, a lot of hair teasing and then some waiting, some sowing and more waiting and face painting here is Brooke for her last number...
 
 
I think she looks awesome, but she thinks she looks ridiculous.
 
Just so you know my life isn't completely about my kids. I was able to get up early on Saturday and get a run in. A beautiful run at a new trail, it was peaceful and easy to get lost in your own thoughts and spirit lifting. Funny how the universe works in mysterious ways. Had I not had the uplifted spirit, there is a good chance I would have strangled Brooke. more mom of the year material ;).
 
This week has been a little easier for me, in terms of not so many things to get done. See I think that until I remember that Valentine's Day is just a few days away and no party planning has occured, and I have a 5K to run this weekend and I'm sure I'm not in 5K shape not to mention the pain I have been having along the whole left side of my body.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment