03 August 2010

Is summer over yet?!

Let me preface all of this soon to be 'rant' with 'I love summer!" I love being in the sun and swimming and biking and hanging out on the porch listening to the creatures and basically everything outdoors...However, I have a new love for fall and the start of school and back to a reasonable schedule.

However, I'm getting so burnt out on running the kids EVERYWHERE! When I originally set up the summer I had planned on a camp here and there plus a few smaller camps close by...Well this is the last week for camps and someone please tell me what I was thinking that driving ALL the way to south Boulder everyday twice a day was a good idea?!?! The only consolation I have right now is that Brooke loves the camp! And the drive up Highway 93 is rather beautiful!

So far this summer I trucked the kids downtown Denver, Golden, Long Lake Ranch and some rather close ones. And then up until last week we were at track 3 nights a week and swimming lessons one night a week and how could I forget dance one night. Now that I put it into that perspective it doesn't seem like that much but truly I'm tired of driving and waiting and waiting and driving. Maybe it also makes it worse because every weekend we are somewhere, the Renaissance festival, Heritage Square, the swimming pool etc etc...Maybe I'm still having nightmares from going Downtown everyday and the crazy traffic...Either way...only 3 days left of this South Boulder nonsense!

I keep telling myself that school is just around the corner and then I'll be rushing to pick the kids up because leaving work is not always easy etc etc...so stay tuned for that rant! I'll be wishing for summer again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment